Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Around the world in 80 days... Part Two

After a having a fun time hanging out with the ultimate frisbee crowd (including my girl Mirabelle) in Perth, the parents and I headed off to Singapore. Singapore is a very efficient city! By the time we got off the plane, got through customs, and flirted with the nice customs agent lady, our luggage was waiting for us on the carousel. Thumbs up!

Mom and Dad got me a suite at a swank hotel on the 64th floor. I had great views of the city from my crib. I would totally show you the pictures, but the camera was broken. Stupid camera.

The parents hooked up with Dad's old high school friend Bill, his wife Zhanar, and Bill's parents who were also visiting. I hooked up with their daughter Dina. What a cutie!! Look out Mirabelle and Linnea, there is a new girl in town!

Dina showed me the town - we dined at a local seafood resturant, went on a stroll through a forest, saw a bug museum, and swam together in the South China Sea. It seemed smaller than it really is because I could not see the horizon through all the cargo ships. Bill's parents then chaperoned a 'date' with Dina and I so the 'rents could go see a movie. I am definitely coming back to Singapore!

From Singapore, we took the world's longest flight - Singapore, Hong Kong, Chicago, and finally Philadelphia. 21 hours, people, 21 hours. And 11 hours of time change.

The Grandparents picked us up at the airport - I love Grandparents! They are such suckers for a smile. First the Grandparents, then the world! Mom and Dad spent most of their time in Philadelphia sleeping. I hung out with my cousins David and Sarah - I was very entertained by them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home