Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Long time, no post

It's been a while since I last posted, as I've been traveling to the east coast. Lots to catch up on, so here we go.

Before we left, Dad had the bright idea of lowering the garage door onto the open hatch of Mom's car. It magically wedged itself so it required some prying to get it loose.
Mom and I stood by and heckled.

Then it was off to Maine.I only fly first class.

It was cold and rainy in Maine. We took a boat ride to Monhegan Island and saw lots of wildlife, including whales, seals, dolphins, and otters. And lighthouses. And lobster pots. LOTS of lobster pots.I climbed all the way to the top of the island. Here I am readying myself for the ride back down.
Then it was off to Boston, where we visited my Dad's alma mater.They had a really cool bar down the street which has a very similar name to our house. Dad was bummed it wasn't around when he was in school.

Across the river, we got to ride ducks. For some reason, they didn't run away like most of the birds I try to ride.Then we were off to visit the grandparents at the Jersey shore. Here I am wearing some geeky MIT swag and complaining about my geeky hat.Double geeky? Come on parents! I have a rep to maintain.

The shore was lots of fun, playing in the surf, getting stuck in large holes in the sand,and getting buried so I won't be able to run away.Nana did her grandmotherly best to shower me with lots of attention.
That's about it. In summary, it was a great vacation. And enough with the hat!

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Yeah! Wade did the same thing to our minivan with our apartment's garage door. I think it's a rite of passage for most men!

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note to self: do not let husband near car in the garage. Guard the garage door remote when hatch of car is open.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home